Chinese Honey Chicken Recipe
Chinese honey chicken is a dish made with only 6 ingredients. This light and crispy chicken covered with tempura mixture dipped in sweetened honey sauce cooks in 20 minutes!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Course: Main Course
Chinese Honey Chicken is a crunchy, delicious, and easy-to-make recipe that I’m sure your family will love. This sweet recipe contains only six ingredients! Tastes just like P.F.
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup cornstarch (Mochiko sweet rice flour can also be used)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch thin chunks
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- Using a large bowl, add the egg whites and beat until frothy for 1-2 minutes before whisking in the cornstarch and water until combined and the chicken finally folds.
- Heat three inches of oil over medium-high heat (up to 350 degrees) in a large saucepan.
- add chicken pieces in two batches until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per batch.
- In a large bowl, take the mayonnaise, honey, and sweetened condensed milk and mix until the ingredients are mixed, then add the fried chicken just before serving.
Protein: 19g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 253mg | Potassium: 347mg | Carbohydrates: 30g | Calories: 349kcal | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 0.5mg