CROCKPOT BEEF AND BROCCOLI
Have you seen a delicious dish of beef and broccoli with rice in a restaurant and liked it?
What if I told you that it can be prepared at home using your crockpot? A healthy meal par excellence.
- 1 lb. beef chuck roast boneless, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consomme or beef broth
- Frozen broccoli florets (as many as desired, I used almost 2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- White rice, cooked
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 tbsp. sauce (from the crockpot after the dish is cooked)
- In a crockpot, whisk together beef, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, sesame oil, and garlic.
- Gently place the beef steaks in the liquid and toss to coat.
- Turn the saucepan over low heat and cook for 6 hours.
- When cooked, in a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with the cooking liquid to form a slurry,
- then pour into a small saucepan, stirring well. Simmer on low heat for an additional 30 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Add broccoli florets to the mixture and serve hot over white rice.
About the cooking time, the temperature of the crockpot may differ from the temperature, I suggest cooking it for 4 hours on the first round of this dish.6 hours in the cooking pot seems to give a lot of “grated” beef instead of sliced, so reduce the cooking time by 2 hours and go from there. Mine turned out well with 6 hours.